Okay so im walking across America from NY to LA, but why?! The idea came to me one Wednesday morning & I decided there and then that I would do it. Walk across the USA. Great idea from a man who's idea of a walk is to his car. The plan was set in stone after a weekend with my younger brother (pictured). Chris, or Topper as he is known, is in the British Army, and he was a soldier in the Coldstream Guards during his tour of Iraq. Fortunately he returned unharmed, but it got me thinking about the Soldiers & families that weren't so lucky. Just because Topper wasn't hurt or killed it didn't give me the right to carry on as normal. And so I chose my Charities-the Royal British Legion & American Legion Legacy Fund.

I have dual British/USA Nationality (which I'm sure will help me at Customs when they ask where I'm going) and walking across the United Kingdom didn't quite have the same ring to it, so the US of A seemed the obvious choice. This is not about Politics or religion, it is purely about helping those British & American Soldiers & families that need it & deserve it.



In my job at the CIH I have been lucky enough to meet some amazing people. All who have inspired me deserve a mention;

  • Simon Weston, Falklands War Hero
  • John Bird, Co-Founder of the Big Issue
  • Liam O'Connell, Director of Positivity

    And finally other inspiring people of note;
    My bro Topper
    Beata
    Danny Wallace
    Bill Bryson