Breakfast was at the world famous Bagdad Cafe, setting for the 1988 film 'Bagdad Cafe' strangely enough. The movie is in the top 50 'movie love scenes of all time', i hope they wiped down the tables afterwards. The wind has really picked up which is not helping my balance or ankle at all, and i'm covered in dust and sand. It even rained at 3am this morning which is not funny when you're sleeping under the stars. Rain, in the desert, in California, i didn't see that coming. Ironically i was prepared-i'd bought myself an umbrella for shade in the desert from the intense sun, turns out it's also good for rain too. By afternoon i was knackered and was none too happy about the huge army base blocking my path into Barstow. I wasn't in the mood for barbed-wire fences and 'government property' signs, i wont say how i made it through but they really should upgrade their security. My evening was spent in the fabulous company of Sandy & friends at a very old ranch, it was great eating real food and having fun company for a change. Tonight i decide on the final route for my last few days, the end is in sight...