The Angeles Forest is an amazingly scenic place with its windey roads, canyons, high cliffs and mountains. It would have been the perfect place to happily meander if it were not for the traffic. It was bumper to bumper 'i learnt how to drive by watching Noddy' LA traffic, and with a shoulder the size of Victoria Beckham's brain i'm surprised i made it through alive. On the good side the views were spectacular and my injured foot did me proud. Nearing LA the forest fires became visible in the distance leaving a lingering brown cloud across the horizon(pictured), luckily my route was fire-free. My last couple of nights sleeping under the stars were trying ones. The wind battered my tent Friday night and i was left dusty and looking like i'd just been rescued from a mine. Last night i was too excited to sleep, for today is the big day. A 6am i walked over a crest and finally i could see the city below in all its glory. Actually all i saw was smog, smoke from the forest fires and a couple skyscrapers but after 5 months it was enough for me. Coming down the mountain the smog rolling into the valley signalled my arrival-I've reached the city. After 152 days on the road i could think of only one thing-where's the nearest toilet? i'm busting for a whizz. Tomorrow it's on to Beverley Hills, just because i now look like a tramp it doesn't mean i have to keep living like one.