Refreshed from my pint of Guinness last night i was up at the crack of dawn(5am in the middle of the night) and staggered through more places that reminded me of home; South Coventry, Northampton, Kenilworth and Warwick. The ticks are really starting to tick me off. The best way to describe them is like the Alien in, funnily enough the film Alien, where they jump at you trying to attach themselves to your face, except being smaller ticks go for the meatier leg area.

Once under the Interstate it was into Amish country for the first time. Route 23 followed a stupidly long crest of a hill with amazing views of the surrounding settlements and farms either side. The Mennonite couple i spoke to were very nice, although i think they were slightly confused and weary of my sweaty bright blue sportswear and Australian accent. I finally collapsed before Blue Ball where i found a small grassy area to camp under the stars. Tomorrow Lancaster is in my sights, and hopefully a real bed and a rest.