I have survived the 2 hottest and most humid days of my jaunt so far. To get me through them i kept telling myself that at least i wasn't in iraq desert wearing full body armour and kit whilst being shot at. That didn't work so i just moaned and kept shouting .you gotta be shittin me?!' i look like i've just been rescued from a desert island, and smell like the fisherman who rescued me. I figure i frank around 25 shots of water in 2 days, which is a lot. On the other side, i was given a free coffee, free beer, $20 from Jo in Greenup, a t-shirt from the great american bagel shop and a couple offers of lifts(which of course i declined). With a cool breeze and clear skies i was happy again today. After breakfast in Effingham i walked the windey road to Altamont, a small old-skool railway town in search of a laundromat. Laundromats are great because you can wash everything, dry wots sleeping bag, charge wots phone, have a poo & wash, all in air conditioning whilst listening to crazy local woman trying to remember all the names of their kids fathers. Later i sped to St Elmo to check my emails at the library, but it no longer existed-books obviously aren't in great demand here. I should have finished for the day but like a small child i get bored easily, so went another 6 miles to Brownstown, which oddly looked identical to St Elmo. I camped as the sun set and once again all was well in the world.