Half an hour into this morning a big old black dirty dog appeared from know where and decided to tag along. # miles later i was starting to get worried. Chaz(that's what i named him) was more than happy to follow and ignored my efforts to pursuade him to go back, but he had a collar so someone must have been missing him. Shortly after i hit the village of Rhineland and popped into the local restaurant to see if anyone recognised Chaz. I was slightly annoyed at everyones apparent unwillingness to help or offer suggestions, so i got him some water and bought myself some breakfast to ponder on the situation. Maybe he'd get bored of waiting and go home. During breakfast i chatted to another guy who was passing through. He sneakily tried to pay for my breakfast before i finished, but to my astonishment the locals who had now left had already paid for it. Maybe they did remember who's dog it was and wanted to offer thanks, either way Chaz was gone when i left and i was very grateful for their generosity. The rest of the day was uneventful and 24 miles later i was at Mokane ready for an early night. I'd love some fish & chips right now.