The quiet rural hills of Mid Missouri make for great scenery, but a boring blog. Nothing even slightly entertaining or interesting has happened since Friday, that is until last night.

I camped up just outside Blackburn around 7pm. I found a nice grassy verge on a gravel track away from houses off the main road and settled for the night. I'd spoken to the land owners brother, and later his son, and they were fine with my being there, i would be gone by 5am anyway. Things took a turn for the worse when a big burly farmer knocked on my front door. Apparently some woman half a mile down the road was in hysterics because some child-molesting, murdering terrorist was camping near her house. I jumped into burly farmers truck and we drove to her house to see if we could help out and find the murdering scum that threatened her children. When we got there i introduced myself as 'Nick', and she introduced herself as 'Go Away'. She then ignored me and repeatedly told burly farmer that he was an idiot.

She was obviously a paranoid schizophrenic so we left her to find the evil doer herself. We'd just got back to the campsite when the County Sheriff pulled onto my drive. He's also heard there was a dog-shooting, spider-leg pulling terrorist lurking and came to make sure i was okay. As with all the fuzz I've met along the way, Deputy Richard Miller was kind, courteous and professional. After checking my ID we had a small laugh about ME perhaps being the granny-tripping, non-tipping terrorist, as if. However it did turn out that burly farmer was DUI, and promptly arrested, which made me feel bad because i was the reason he was out there.

Fearing for my safety, i recieved permission from none other than the Chief of Police Dean Koch to camp out by the lake round the corner in Blackburn. After thanking Deputy Miller i quickly set up my tent and prepared for a sleepless night, the cat-kicking, jay-walking terrorist was still out there...

For a newspaper report of my eventful evening click on the link Marshall Democratic News