Mr wallet has gone AWOL and i truly have no idea when or where it could have escaped my evil clutches. Normally i would be swearing right about now, however being the expert novice hiker that i am i've prepared for my own stupidity. From the secret pouch behind the back frame of my rucksack(its okay, no-one actually reads this tripe) i whipped out my back-up id and fine collection of useless travellers cheques. They're useless because hardly anyone will accept them, i would have done better carrying a bag of beef jerky they love the stuff here. I also carry with me emergency food supplies, so a major disaster and strop was overted. For the rest of the day i considered the problem-if your head wasn't screwed on, would you lose your head or actually lose your body? My goal for the day was Providence, a town with zero population 23 miles from my campsite. 20 miles in the predicted rain started falling and i took shelter at the unusual yet interesting campsite known as Coopers Landing. Right next to the Missouri river, it was the perfect place to stop and i was pitched by 4pm, a world record. I'll figure out how i'm going to pay in the morning...