Like the speed of a man quietly breaking wind on a first date, i have conquered Missouri, and have mixed feelings about this fine State. I've met some of the most friendly and helpful people so far, yet come across some of the most paranoid egits who have no conception of the world outside their own community, and have no inclination to want to broaden their horizons. As burly farmer quite rightly said, these are the few people that give Americans a bad name.

The katy trail, although not a walkers paradise and definitely for bikes, is something Missouri should be proud of, and its success is largely due to the people living along it. Western-mid Missouri has little to offer the traveller apart from friendly farmers and rich people with ego-boosting huge lawns. And the occasional crasy woman. Trying to find anywhere to camp was a nightmare. I have been lucky, very lucky with the cool weather, yet feel slightly guilty. The abnormally cold weather(you're kidding right?!) mixed with high fuel prices(you'd fall off your rocking chair at the prices we pay in the UK) has led to many small businesses along the Katy Trail taking only a quarter of their usual takings, and there are many glum faces behind the smiles. A good Mof hug won't help here i feel.

As for me:
* Im no more crazy than when i started.
* I miss my friends back home and the road can definitely be a lonely place, yet I'm still motivated and accept that this is a challenge, not a holiday.
* I still can't get that stupid song 'the long and winding road' out of my head. Worst still, it's the Will Young version.
* I'm worried Dave the cat back home has been stuffed after being killed by the local plane crash.
* I'm remembering all the words again to all the country music songs i hear thanks to my Mother force-feeding me them as a baby.
* My hair is longer than it has been for 6 years, and although i now look like Buck Rogers i don't want to part with it.

Just a quick hello to my old friend Clare. i have her to thank for me being here, she's always been my inspiration and i will be lost when i get home and she's travelling the world. Have a great time out there with Karl! On a lighter note, i have a new, concept, not yet on public sale tent waiting for me at the Post Office from my sponsors Coleman Exponent. I almost feel dirty geting over-excited about a tent, I'm in fear of becoming a geek. Must find pub....

More pics have been put into the Missouri folder too....