'yea, i put my new shoes on and suddenly everythings alright'. Well that's how the song goes anyway and it sums up my day. After saying goodbye to Shaun and BJ and charging myself with a Starbucks and giant sub, i started my trek out of the city towards the Missouri river. I knew i wouldn't be able to follow the highway so happily aimed for Creve Coeur lake not far from the bridge. Although my GPS and map draw a blank regarding possible routes, i had a sneaky sneaky feeling the lake would show me the way. Very technical and scientific has my route planning become. Sure enough, after reaching the lake early evening i was welcomed by scenes reminiscent of Baywatch, hot young bods running, cycling and rollerblading along a lakeside trail winding through the woods and beyond over the Missouri river. To top off the day i enjoyed a meaty meal at the lakeside cafe whilst watching the sun set, i could get used to this. I've decided tomorrow i'm going to reject the roads and follow the longer but hopefully more enjoyable route along the Katy Trail which follows the Missouri river. Why? Because it sounds kinda cute.