The human body is a triumph of engineering. Im now half man, half walking machine. The rain and faffing before the weekend should have added another day onto my St Louis-Kansas City leg, but i was determined to finish today. I've used the last 3 days to test my limits and see how far I've come in 70 days. The route since Boonville was pretty much rural sloping farmland apart from 2 towns, so there wasn't much worth stopping to see anyway. Also my UK phone battery was dead and i had minimal credit on my US cellphone, and contact with the outside world is what keeps me going.

I'm not sure how far i walked yet in the 3 days but it must be around 80 miles. I'm now sat in Starbucks on main street, Kansas City MO, and pretty chuffed with my achievement. Yes I'm knackered, hungry and smelly, but I'm still positive and my legs are still attached. My feet and ankles are the only body parts that really suffered, and i have a lot of making up to do to bring them back on side.

I made the right choice in dumping Katy Trail, I haven't had one mosquito bite since Friday. Im now off for some R&R in the city and to prepare for the next instalment of my journey in Kansas. You'd be crazy to miss it!