It's been a pretty average day. Apart from walking across the worlds highest suspension bridge, riding on the worlds longest single-span aerial tram, riding down the worlds steepest incline railway and purchasing the worlds most expensive crap coffee it's been pretty quiet. I arrived at the Gorge early to gain cheap entry and see the sights before all the fanny-bags and screaming kids arrived. The Gorge is immense and photo's just don't do it justice. I could have sat there staring and catching flies all day but i had some walking to do. The down point of seeing the Gorge was that it took me nearly an hour to recalculate my journey to Salida so that i still had places to camp and pick up supplies. However my ickle brain did me proud and off i skipped to my new campsite-Five Points State Campground. The site was right by the river. I lit a big badboy campfire and stared in awe at the light reflecting off the montainside and the bright stars above. Of course the trouble with a campfire is you can't see the ghosts and goolies creeping up behind you and some of the strange noises emanating from the darkness were cause for me to keep my torch at hand. What was that?!