In Williams yesterday i bumped into some pastey Englishmen, they were amazed that an Australian could pinpoint exactly their Blackpool accent, magic. I've nearly reached the beginning of the longest remaining stretch of route 66. I was hoping to be a good 10 miles further but my ankle is still playing up and has only just now decided to swell slightly, medically known as a fankle. I may have to amputate. The surrounding forest has given way to shrubery and it's starting to look, and feel, decidedly deserty. i'm back down to 5-6000 feet so it's also starting to get pretty toastie. Alas I've had to say a sad farewell to my Platypus water pouch as it finally sprung a leak. It's held over 400 litres of water and saved my life many a time, i'm deeply saddened to loose such a dear friend. I really need social interaction back in my life.