Today is Columbus Day. I bet when our chap Chris got drunk with his mates and decided to go on a good old fashioned booze-cruise he never expected to discover the New World. Of course by the time they got there they were all royally drunk and starving-hence greasy fast food was born.

I hope Skidmark is okay, because now i know the true meaning of cold. Cold isn't "ooh, it's a bit brassic outside, let's make a nice cuppa tea". Cold is waking up to find your tent is solid with ice, having a thin layer of frost on top of your sleeping bag, and finding your water and apples frozen solid. Due to my previous nights lack of sleep and a warm sleeping bag(and wearing all my clothes)i didn't feel a thing until i woke up. After defrosting my phones screen and realising I'd missed my alarm, the only thing i could do was de-camp quick and get moving before i froze to death.

Good route planning came into play and 3 miles down the road i knew a nice hot breakfast would be waiting for me at the Chimney Rock restaurant. By the time i finished stuffing my face i warmed up and started the 20 mile trek to Bayfield. It was no way 20 miles it went on forever, uphill-downhill, left-right, blah-blah I've obviously been spoilt in the mountains because i was really bored. To top it off i had to pay 15 bucks for a bit of grass because i couldn't camp in the park grr. The campsite owner said last night's low reached 23f which i think is around 'blimey charlie my balls have hibernated' degrees celcius, and I'm glad to say that tonight should be a much warmer 29f. Get the sweat rags out.