It's been a big big day. Last night i camped 7 miles into the mountains, leaving me with 12 miles to the top and another 13 down the other side to East fork campsite before dark. I didn't get the best start, it's hard convincing myself to get out of my warm sleeping bag at 6am in freezing temperatures. My bladder finally won over and before i knew it i was stomping towards Wolf Creek Pass.

On the way up i had great pleasure in watching a Winnebago complete with pickup in tow get stuck trying to make a U-turn. If i can carry everything i need for 6 months on my back then they deserve everything coming. The rain held off apart from a few snowflakes, however the further up the mountain i went the colder and windier it became. I reached the summit just after midday and was greeted with views of snowy peaks and a big marker showing the Continental Divide.

Downhill was a different story. Much steeper hills crunched my bones and the wind had a habit of trying to blow me over the edge into the Canyon below. Fortunately the views were even more stunning than on the way up and my camera was working overtime. I barely made it to the campsite, my legs and bones were in agony. I just managed to pitch my tent before the rain started and the darkness fell, so the extra ly-in was worth it in the end. I couldn't be bothered to cook so sat in my warm tent planning the next few days route and writing this waffle. It's been an absolutely tremendous day. I have to say that being at the campsite on my own with no phone reception made me feel a little lonely for the first time in a long while. I might go into the woods and go find me a bear to talk to.