Getting up at 4am yesterday made for a long day, however i was glad to finally make the trip to the Grand Canyon. It was grand, and canyonee. A big thanks to Dan and his missus for putting me up last night and stocking me with food. Thanks Dan's mum too for the pressie! I would have loved to stay in Flagstaff a few more days as it's another hip and happening town to rival Durango, but i have some walking to do. After posting mr longboard back home i limped back on the trail-my ankle is still giving me grief. I'm headed towards the fun of the mother road route 66. Getting there isn't so easy as there's no roads, so i'm now zigzagging between abandoned parts of 66, a railroad track and spooky forests. So far my 3 mapreading skills are still on form and I've made it to an interstate rest area for the night so elk don't eat me or my food whilst i'm snoring. I've seen my first roadsign for LA, flippin marvellous.