Ever since Flagstaff there's been a feeling of excitement in the air. I'm on the last leg of my journey and I've even bought a California map-my last state. i've only 22 days and 450 small miles left on the road, and my brain and body know it. Being so close is becoming a motivational nightmare. My fankle isn't getting any better and this morning i scared the bejesus out of another herd of cows as i went through the pain-barrier. My final gripe is that its getting hot. Although its a cool 82f, the intensity of the sun has the same effect on the skin as it would a vampire, toastie. Never fear though, this is but a test. I have no time for moaners, whingers, pessimists or mood hoovers and i dont intent on becoming one yet. So my fankle hurts, at least its still attached. Id much rather be under the brilliant blue skies than back home in the cold and snow. And in 22 days, i will have walked across a whole continent without getting run-over, shot or mugged, so its not all bad. Apart from Seligman, route 66 so far is a lot like Kansas-an open expanse of nothingness. Seligman is pretty neat with its brightly coloured buildings, 50's memorabilia and there was a chilled atmosphere in the air with music filling the streets. I was glad to finally reach the Grand Canyon Caverns-thanks to the Manager for organising me a ride up to the restaurant and the free pie, it was yummy.