Cracking day off yesterday. The camp staff gave me a nice spot out of the way of screaming kids and noisy horses. I think it was a case of hiding me away because it was my one tent to about 200 camper vans the size of houses, it's not quite camping in my eyes when you take everything and the kitchen sink but hey. Gettysburg downtown was the expected tourist trap nightmare, but the battlefield and monuments were well worth a visit.

So today was back on the Lincoln highway, going West towards the looming mountains. It was a 1,200ft ascent before a 600ft decent to Caledonia state Park, where there were more showers and annoying kids waiting to finish the evening. I recieved my first injury today in the form of a stone being hurled at my inner thigh by a passing truck. A few inches higher and it would have been goodbye Barry White and hello Maria Carey.