My last mountain, finally. 5 days of walking the equivalent of up and down Snowdon and then some takes it out of you, especially in 32c heat. Small flies are obviously attracted to myrich aroma of sweat and mosquito repellent as they had a good try and knawing my arms and face off last night. Badly bitten i marched the 1 miles to the top, where there were great views of....not much. It turns out that the best views were 2 miles across the ridge, and i had no inclination to take a 4 mile detour to stand and go 'wow' for 10 minutes. It's also bear country, and i wanted to eat, not be eaten.

After a quick cool down in Wayat's bar(the owner was explaining how he caught 2 bears 'at-it' in his back garden over the weekend, you dont see that every day)and it was back down the other side. I planned on stopping at Laughlington for the night because i thought the name was pretty funny, but i got in my stride and went on to Ligonier so i could hit the library early. But wait...no it cant be...a swimming pool AND a bar?! I was there before you could say flipper.

The hospitality i recieved by everyone at the 'Ligonier Beach' was beyond words. They fed me, watered me, and it was great to sit and chat to such friendly people all evening. They even let me spend the night there and i had my first decent sleep for a while. The beer may have helped in that though.