It had better not be sunny back in England because this rain is starting to take the Michael. Today the town of Bedford was my savour, and a very nice town it was too. Lots of little shops, hapy tourists with flowery clothing to laugh at, and surrounded by cloud covered mountains. I even had a proper coffee in a posh coffee shop like the upper class snob that i am innit.

Something had to be wrong though, I'm not that lucky. Aah the sirens again, the yang has returned. Luckily of all the places i should run for shelter i ran into a laundrette. A few dollars and a bit of sunshine later everything was clean and dry enough to stop people being repulsed by my very existence.

The last few days of hills had taken there toll so i decided to have a rest day at Shawnee State Park. The cmp warden couldnt do enough to make sure i had a nice pitch away from screaming kids, and the shop owner donated some food to me. Even the other campers were really friendly. Once they regained control from laughing at my midget tent('where's the rest of it?!', 'where are you sleeping?' and 'how'd you fit it onto your truck?' were favourites) i was offered a barrage of burgers, campfire wood and company. My faith in America ha been restored.