More rain and more mountains. This time it was a 7% gradient ascent, and i stormed it. I was overtaking cars, trucks, cyclists, even deer although to be fair they were all going the other way. Breakfast was at my first Denny's at last, 2,000 calories of meaty heaven on a plate. My main concern today was how to dry out all my wet kit, as it was still raining. Wet kit means extra weight, sore feet, extra hasle and general misery. I chatted to a guy cycling from Pittsburgh to Maryland and he suggested stopping in a day at Shawnee state Park as another monster mountain lay behind it.

By the end of the day i was probably at my lowest since the walk began, it hadn't stopped raining and my kit and feet were very wet. But hey, tomorrow everything will be dry, and i have some fireworks to celebrate 4th July whoopee!