It was a hot trek to Chambersburg to pick up my GPS card and some new socks from the local post office, kindly sent by my bro. Like all historic towns in PA I've been through so far, Chambersburg had a very well kept centre with a roundabout and historic boards filling you in on all the history of those naughty Confederates, then it was houses, food outlets, supermarkets, churches and finally the open road.

I spent the afternoon playing with my GPS looking for the nearest bars(i did find one on route 30 but it turned out to be a cornfield, some programmer at Garmin is laughing at me right now) and wandering towards my first set of big momma mountains. I still can't source a gas cylinder for my camping stove and with no Wendy's or 7/11 in them there hills i may be going a little hungry tomorrow. Roadkill anyone?