I've walked 453 miles in 29 days which has hit my target of just over 15 miles a day (the girls at work will be laughing at me for working that one out). My main aim for the next couple months is to exceed that whilst i have the most sunlight, as i won't be dragging myself out of my warm sleeping bag in the 6am dark come christmas.

It was not the happiest of days today(violin sounds) The landscape turned back into wooded hills as i entered the Ohio Hills funnily enough. It was also hot, 92f(33c)by midday. Id already drank my 4 litres of water by 3pm which i was a bit worried about until i came across an old store. It looked like it was right out of the 1920's, as did the owner. I felt bad that she had to walk the 4 metres to the cash register as my milk was starting to curdle by the time she got there bless her. All she managed to say was "it gun rain". Who needs weather satellites?

I finally dragged myself to Salt Fork State Park to find they only catered for RV's. I won't tell you my reaction. I could however have a cottage for the night for the cheapo price of $175. Forget ethnic minorities, its people who actually use their legs for-it may come as a shock-walking, who are discriminated against. It looks like I'll have to go to plan B, once I've worked it out.