I was hungry, and it was actually quite cold at 6am for the first time. I stomped 8 miles in 2 hours to the town of Cadiz for breakfast before the heat started. Tomorrow will probably be my first day of not seeing any people, shops or gas stations, so i spent most of the day chillaxing, eating and washing clothes. I've managed to reorganise my pack so i can fit extra food and 4 litres of water into it. It's gone from 'small child' weight to 'you should stop stuffing your face and get down that there gym' weight.

It was today the turn of the Ohio state Police to stop me and check i hadn't escaped a mental asylum. They were also very friendly, gave me ideas of the safest places to camp and promised to keep an eye out for me. Route 22 was good today, it slowly went from a 4 lane highway with middle island and hard shoulders to what was eventually a small 2 laned road through sloping farmland, with stereotypical red dutch barns and noisy dawgs. The scenery is finally changing, it's taken 29 days but it's starting to sink in now that Im actually walking across merica. There's never a bar when you need one.