I've reached Indianapolis. I walked the 22miles by 3pm to miss the worst of todays heat. Part of my shoe has melted and merged with road tar it was that hot. People were even risking arrest, jail time and perhaps even the death penalty by offering me sympathy lifts, which of course i stupidly declined. I'm glad to be back in the city, countryside is okay i just wish all the road builders were alcoholics, at least then the roads wouldn't be so blimmin straight. I also have to enjoy the city and its benefits whilst it lasts. I'm guessing the only Denny's i'll see past Kansas are ones that sleep with their cousins. I know that's really stereotyped and rude, which is partly why i'm doing this trek, to set the record straight and see the real America. So far i've walked about 750 miles, which is around a quarter of my journey. If i break a leg or get shot in the near future at least i can always say "i've walked a quarter of the USA". Well i'm proud of it, and really deserve tomorrows rest day.