For once it was perfect walking weather with a chilly 80f breeze coming from the North, which was fine by me because i had 22 miles to go today before hitting Springfield. My breakfast barely touched the sides and it was a pretty unmotivated 11 mile walk to the nearest gas station so i could stuff my face. A giant sub & donuts, call to a friend back home and a call to an old school friend who happens to live in Ohio cheered me up and by late afternoon i was in Springfield.

My entertainment for the evening was Nancy, a fabulously kind, interesting and down to earth woman who also had a big soft rug of a dog named Apollo. She showed me the sights and took me for a drink and it was great to see the place from a locals perspective.

Nancy is a member of the Irish Club in Dayton, and without my knowing they put together a collection to help me on my journey. I was totally stumped and still am. Thank you doesn't seem enough, but thank you anyway Nancy and thank you all at the Irish Club.