Just my luck. 2 miles from the Pennsylvania state Line the police decide to tell me it's against the law to walk on the highway in PA. So it was a 2 mile ride in the back of a police car to West Virginia State Line, all the while trying to convince the Officer that i was not an escaped convict, on parole or Australian. After checking my(out of date) Georgia driver license even the woman on the radio came back with "yea, I think he's clean?" Very paranoid they were, but also very polite.

After being dropped off in WV i decided to take a back road to the Ohio river so i wouldnt get into trouble with the fuzz again. It also added a few miles to cover my blatant cheating. I dont want to be remembered as "the guy that walked across America, except when he cheated and got a ride in a cop car". More trouble as i reached the only walkway over the Ohio river. 'Sidewalk Closed'. God was obviously upset that i didnt go to Sunday service in any of the many churches i had passed this morning. There was however no sign saying 'no walking in middle of bridge dodging cars', so that's what i did.

With PA and WV behind me in one morning i aimed for Route 22 again, Steubenville was not worth the visit from what i saw of it. I popped into the local police station on the way, no not to hand myself in, but to double check i could actually walk on Route 22. The answer was no, not for the first 14 miles. Out came my 2 mapreading skills again and another 4/5 miles were added to my original route, with a few extra hills for good measure. Luckily today i was on form, I'm not sure how far i walked yet but it's my best day so far, it's just a shame i cant feel my legs anymore.