In the last couple of days I've had 5 offers of a lift from friendly Ohians. Saying 'no thanks' was like saying no to a date with the person you've fancied for like ever. It's sole destroying seeing people drive off into the distance but i will not go to the darkside, i will resist. Today was the end of rowt 22 and a visit to Cambrisge was on the cards. I was looking forward to boat rides down the river, hanging with the clever people and generally taking in ye olde vibe. Oh yea that's the other Cambridge. I don't like to put towns down, so i will just say that the locals were their usual friendly self and in its hayday it was a thriving railroad town. There was an ols scenic railway which i wanted to see, but yet again without a car it was impossible to get to.

Late afternoon i started on historic route 40, there must be something good to see down there. I have to say the S-bridges were pretty cool. I planned to camp juast before the town of New Concord but yet again i was hungry, so into town i went. Here i learnt my second lesson-don't eat food near the smell of roadkill.

I'm still undecided as to whether i should trek the 68 miles to Columbus in 3 or 4 days, i really really need a shower and a day off, and I'm worried that "it gun rain".