There really is nothing out here. Pumpkin Centre and Rush were nothing more than a cross roads with a few buildings looking pretty strange in the middle of the hi flatlands. It's still blisteringly hot and the last week has by far been the hardest and most challenging stretch of my trip so far, that's the polite version. The thought of seeing the Rockies for the first time has kept me going however visibility hasn't been the best. A few miles from Ellicott i was welcomed by a massive expanse of flatland below my hilltop location. The Rockies were right there on the horizon, but i couldn't see them. At least I've finally reaches civilisation, it feels like I've finally found my way out of the desert, there were people, cars, music, toilets?! I even had a park to camp in complete with swings and a slide to play on.

Early evening the Rockies finally showed their face and the views of the sunset have nearly made the last 101 days worth it.