These old railway towns really are dying a slow death. The gas stations which should be supplying me with coffee and donuts just don't exist anymore. That's just downright selfish. I arrived in Rush Centre just before lunch ready to stock up at the gas station and food mart, which according to all my research were waiting for me. They weren't. It looked like an annoying 5 mile detour north was needed to La Crosse as i was still 35 miles from the next town and short of food. Luckily the local bar had just opened so i was able to ravage on an 18oz cheeseburger, curly fries and pasta, yum. My noodles and power bars would get me the rest of the way so on i hitched, sorry walked, to Alexander, and a very nice rest stop to camp. There were toilets and everything, you people don't know how lucky you are.

At the rest stop 3 separate people came over to ask if i was the guy they saw walking earlier. Tired and grumpy, i really wanted to say "No, i just have a very big handbag, prefer to cook here than in my own deluxe kitchen and I've borrowed James Bonds invisible car". Please.