A short and very hot 22 miles and i was in Tribune, my last stop before Colorado. In the afternoon i followed a 9 mile dirt track running alongside the highway, the open views away from the traffic were amazing. Last night coming into Leoti i saw the guy from Alexander for the fourth time, and sure enough there he was at the gas station again. He works on oil wells so travels a lot, but it's still called stalking in my book. Nice bloke though. It took me an hour to leave the gas station after the lovely checkout girl screamed "you're walking?!?!" at the top of her voice. All the locals decended onto my location to ask questions and give some handy advice. Old man Bill told me how he used to fly his plane over the area and on just one particularly clear day he could see the Rockies 200 miles away. How i wish i had a plane.

On arrival at the Sherriff's office they already knew i was in town. Someone had called me in because, wait for it, i was walking....ON A ROAD?! That's just cu-razy. I appreciate that there's lots of farm machinery lying around and people tend to leave their doors unlocked but come on, i can't hotwire a tractor and as far as im aware the military haven't invented the Tardis rucksack to carry one yet. What annoyed me is i knew who called me in because only one pickup passed me all afternoon. He waved and everything, i mean what sort of person would do such a thing, wave and not mean it? That's just downright cruel.

I promised the Sherriff i wouldnt go tractor-joyriding and was sent on my merry way to the park to pitch my tent up in the dark again. Ir's starting to get pretty nippy at night, 'you could cut glass with them' as i used to say.