Another month over. There was little to photograph today so here's an older photo of me kissing a snake, like you do. Back home, September usually means getting out the hat and scarf, however here in Kansas the sky is blue and it was 95f by 6pm. Today was a trek to the surprisingly buzzing town of Lawrence. Lots of shops, cafes and amazingly attractive woman. I had no idea Lawrence was a big college town, honest. I made the most of it, from here on in its just small towns and not much else. The next week is going to be interesting. The flatlands will test my motivation and child-like attention span. Food and water are becoming less available, so good route planning with my 2 mapreading skills will be essential. Finally hurricane Gustav is due to hit the south coast by Monday, although Kansas is well away from it, it will affect the weather here and rain is due Wednesday. Hopefully I'll work out how to use my tent by then. Earlier some idiot tried running me over after not stopping at a stop sign, unfortunately they also pulled in front of a passing police car, how i laughed.