I'm currently updating the blog via the library as both of my phones have zero reception, so apologies for the lack of photos.

Through the process of elimination, to be exact walking past fields, I've realised that what has been flaring up my allergies again is wheat. This is a small problem, like Bin Laden is a small problem. I'm currently in the wheat state, the kingdom of wheat, the epicenter of wheat heaven. There's so much wheat here they make houses out of the stuff, cars drive on it, I've even heard stories that dogs are made of it. I've probably walked past or peed near the wheat you'll be eating soon.

With itchy red eyes my charm offensive with the locals is in real jeopardy. Dirty, smelly, unshaven and now with blood-shot eyes, even I'm beginning to think that i may indeed look like a dog-shooting, spider-leg pulling terrorist.

On the walking front, nothing of interest happened and i ended up walking the full 29 miles to Lyons. After popping down the local police station to let them know i was in town, Casey the local policeman not only gave me a lift to the local free campgrounds, but also gave me a quick tour of the place and showed me where a horse endurance race will be coming into town tomorrow. Now that's what i call a welcome, thanks Casey!