For the first time phone reception is really bad, my phone keeps linking to some US 40 network which wont let me publish photo's, so I'm old-skooling it at another friendly library.

It's cold, wet and windy, and I'm ba ba dah dah dah-lovin' it. Apart from the ocassional truck soaking me with spray it's been great walking weather. No burning sun, shade-hunting, beaty swollocks or crawling on all fours looking desperately for water. All day there was an erie feeling of a storm brewing, which made for an unusual atmosphere in what i can best describe as the prairie land i was now walking through. Things are starting to open up and everything is becoming barren. Cows aren't great at holding a conversation, i think my 'Queens' English is confusing them. I had aimed to finish 21 miles West in Admire, but a guy at the gas station in Osage City described Admire as a "diieeiinng toowwnn" as if something sinister was going down. Not wanting to disappear forever under strange circumstances, i stomped another 5 miles to Allen. I ate at the Allen Bar and Grill, where i learned the British lads Stuart and Dave also stopped during their Discovery trail walk last year, it seems I'm following them. I was invited for coffee and offered a place to pitch for the night by the lovely Martha and Bill who lived around the corner. They spoilt me with great coffee, great company and a wealth of knowledge to help me on my trip. It turns out Bill has been fishing and camping with some of the Coleman family(my sponsors), a small world indeed.